Access Statement for Old Bakehouse, North Leigh, Near Witney, Oxfordshire. OX29 6TX
Below is the access statement for our holiday cottage. If you have any further questions in respect of access for the disabled, please click the contact link above.
We are a self-catering cottage set in an idyllic and tranquil spot on a working farm. We have 2 ground floor bedrooms, both en-suite, one with a wet room. One bedroom is fully accessible. The kitchen and conservatory (which can be made into a comfortable sitting and dining room) are also on the ground floor. There are no steps at all downstairs or up to the approach to the cottage. The main sitting room is on the first floor. The cottage is painted cream and the doors and skirting boards are in a distinguishable natural wood.
- Wi-fi broadband and large touch telephone available in the cottage.
- There are telephone points in all rooms.
- There is a list of emergency numbers.
- A car is needed at this property.
- There is a train station within two miles.
- Regular bus service in the village.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is plenty of car parking available beside property and in car park.
- Car can drive right up to front door if needed and parking is free.
- Drop off point in car park is on to level concrete path which is swept every day. Concrete path leads to front door.
- There is speed limit of 20 mph down the half mile drive. One speed hump to calf traffic. No barriers. No intercom.
- Water bowls provided for dogs which must be kept on leads.
- The route from car park to front door is concrete, slightly up hill with resting places every 3 to 4 yards. Path 4' wide.
- Well lit at night. Concrete is slightly ridged in centre so not slippery.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
There is only one entrance which is through the porch and into kitchen. No steps and the width of the door is at least 3'.
- No handrails.
- Plenty of light outside porch and in porch.
- The door is a large oak door, side hung.
- Floor is level.
- No signage.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
Large conservatory on ground floor which can be made into sitting room as well as dining room
- Table and six chairs
- Leather sofa bed
- Flat screen tv
- Large double doors leading out into safe courtyard garden suitable for pets which cannot escape.
- Tiled floor with slight ramp that leads into hall from which the bedrooms lead onto.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
The main sitting room is upstairs . It is beamed on the ceiling and two large beams cross the floor.
- It is unsuitable for people with limited mobility.
- It has a tv, DVD, extra 40 channels, hi-fi, cds and DVDs provided.
- Telephone point.
- Electric wood burning effect stove.
- Victorian chesterfield sofa,Victorian armchair, Georgian tub chair and other chairs. Writing desk and chair.
- Safety gate for children.
There are 2 WCs in the en-suite bathrooms.
- The twin bathroom is fully accessible with rails, a drop down seat, and lever taps.
- It is also a wet room.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
The dining room is in the conservatory - see previous description.
- Tiled floor
- Good quality heavy wood table with six rush seated chairs.
- High chair.
- Washer/dryer in kitchen
There is a public bridle path down the drive, which leads to the next farm.
- Half mile long private tarmac drive.
- Private courtyard garden with table and 4 chairs with parasol
- Outside lighting
- Concrete paving slabs
- Double doors leading into conservatory
- Flower tubs
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
Clubs & Entertainment
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- 2 en-suite bedrooms, I double en-suite, not accessible. I twin en-suite, fully accessible. Ground floor rooms.
- Double has a 4'6" bed with 2 bedside table with lamps. Large wardrobe and chest of drawers in natural matching wood.
- Electric fire alarm with battery back-up. TV and phone points. Re-chargeable torch. Flat screen with remote if needed.
- Excellent quality carpet flooring in bedroom. 6 lights in bedroom.
- Twin has 2 x 3' beds, iron bedsteads, excellent quality. Hoist may be used under them. Excellent quality carpet floor.
- 2 bedside tables. 6 lights. Furniture and sockets same as double room.
- Cream decoration with natural wood, doors, skirting boards and beams.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Double bathroom, tiled floor, basin, WC, shower enclosure. Mirror over basin with shaver light and socket.
- Twin bathroom, non-slip floor wet room with basin, WC with rails, power shower with seat under with rails. All taps are push taps. Fully tiled.
- Electric fire alarms in both bedrooms that can be seen from bathrooms.
- Tiled floor. Pale green fitted units. Electric oven with hob over, with extractor fan and light over.
- 9 spot lights. Extractor fan light. Dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, freezer, fridge with ice box. Kettle and toaster.
- Original bread oven, fireplace and copper dating to l8th century.
- Black granite effect work surfaces. Sink in window with drainer and push taps.
- Thermostatically controlled water. Vaulted ceiling with spot lights.
- Central heating radiators in every room with thermostat valves.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
We may be available to accommodate caravans if asked.
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Grounds and Gardens
- Courtyard garden leading from conservatory. No ramps, water features.
- Table and chairs and parasol.
- Fire alarms in bedrooms.
- Signage to evacuate building in the event of fire.
- Dog bowls provided.
Address: The Old Bakehouse, Field Farm, Church Road, North Leigh, Near Witney, Oxfordshire OX29 6TX
Telephone: Owners contact number: 01993 881207 or mobile: 07970 515032 .
Cottage telephone number: 01993 886670
Grid reference: OX29 6TX
Hours of operation: 8.00 am to 9.00 pm
Emergency number: 01993 881207
Local carers: Nuffield Health Centre, Welch Way, Witney, Oxfordshire
Local equipment hire companies: Nuffield Health Centre
Local public transport numbers: There are tables in the cottage
Local accessible taxi numbers: Will endeavour to find accessible taxi numbers
There are no more plans at the moment.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please contact us.
Created: 13 September 200
Like this website on facebook, or send it to your friends